Funding for English Language Programs for Immigrants
An open Call for Proposals for settlement services for immigrants in BC was issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on June 3, 2013, and closed on July 8, 2013. These services include adult English as a Second Language classes. Public post-secondary institutions were encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity for federal funding. BC Colleges provided institutions with information and advice throughout the proposal period. The relevant materials are posted below.
CIC is expected to finalize its funding decisions sometime in late 2013 or early 2014. Services are to begin April 1, 2014.
Please note that the deadline for Call for Proposals has passed. This information is posted for information only.
Materials that were posted on the CIC website until July 8, 2013:
- CIC Home Page
- Application for Funding Form (a fillable PDF form)
- Funding Guidelines (PDF version)
- Funding Guidelines (web version)
- Frequently Asked Questions - June 2013
- Tutorial for Completing the Application for Funding Form
- Online Submission Tool for Submitting Proposals
- Memo from BC Colleges - How to Submit Proposals – Contains step-by-step screenshots
- CIC Presentation on CFP Processes: An Overview – May 8, 2013
- CIC Frequently Asked Questions – May 8, 2013
- CIC’s Logic Model for the Settlement Program
- Project Logic Model Template