College vs. University
Employers are increasingly looking for individuals with post secondary credentials that closely match job needs. Colleges offer a full range of applied education programs designed specifically for jobs and vocations.
Over 42% of job openings across BC require college or trade certifications, while 36% of jobs require university credentials, which many students will begin at one of BC’s colleges before using their credits to transfer through the provincial transfer program.
BC Colleges offer many benefits to students:
- Pathways to success by getting a job, upgrading skills, transferring to other post-secondary institutions, and/or lifelong learning, including applied post degree programs
- Students’ opportunities to study close to home with over 60 campuses and learning centres throughout BC
- Business relevant programming taught by industry experienced instructors
- Real world work experience and learning placements with local businesses
- Accessible and affordable learning