Camosun College is located in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia with campuses on the Traditional Territories of the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples. We acknowledge their welcome and graciousness to the students who seek knowledge here.
Camosun's two main campuses serve over 19,000 learners a year in upgrading, certificate, diploma, Bachelor degree, post-degree diploma and continuing education programs. Each year, Camosun enrolls over 1,200 Indigenous students from 50 Nations including Métis and Inuit groups, and more than 2,100 international students from 80 different countries.
The college welcomed its first students in 1971 and adopted the name “Camosun,” a local Lekwungen (Songhees) name meaning “where different waters meet and are transformed.” Today, Camosun offers 160 innovative programs, to help meet the needs of students, communities and industry in Victoria and beyond, in the areas of university transfer arts and sciences, business, health and human services, trades, technologies, sport and exercise education, Indigenous education and adult upgrading.
Camosun’s impact extends well beyond our highly skilled, job-ready graduates. As a key economic driver in our region Camosun provides: contract training opportunities for local business; applied research, innovation and prototyping services for industry through Camosun Innovates; and, well-trained co-op students for employers. With over 1,200 employees and a budget of $140 million, Camosun is one of Victoria’s largest employers generating $1 billion in economic benefit in our province every year.
- Founded in 1971, Camosun celebrates almost 50 years of providing relevant, innovative and applied learning opportunities to the communities of the south Vancouver Island region and beyond.
- Today, Camosun delivers over 160 education and training programs to more than 19,000 students each year, including 1,200 Indigenous students and 2,100 international students from 80 countries.
- Through the work of Camosun Innovates, the applied research arm of the college, Camosun is a regional centre for applied research and technological innovation for local industry clients, and one of the top 50 research colleges in Canada.
- With an economic impact of $1 billion per year in British Columbia, and 85% of employed graduates residing in Vancouver Island communities, Camosun is integral to the educational, social and economic needs of our local and regional community.
- The Camosun College Foundation facilitates philanthropic support to the college, benefitting students, programs, families and communities. More than 1,400 Camosun students are supported with $996,000 in bursaries and awards disbursed annually.
Our programs include:
- Arts and Science studies for students to design their own full- or part-time program
- Bachelor of Business Administration in: accounting, human resources or marketing options
- Health and Human Services including: mental health and addictions, health care assistant, early learning and development, nursing, medical radiography and sonography
- Foundation and apprenticeship training in 20 different skilled Trades
- Computer-focused and engineering technology programs including certificates, diplomas, bridging to university and university transfer courses
- More than 300 courses in over 30 different subject areas for University Transfer
- Academic upgrading and English Language Development
- Indigenous education programs and courses
- Sport and Exercise Education including: Registered Massage Therapist, Bachelor of Athletic & Exercise Therapy and Bachelor of Sport Management
- Post-degree diplomas in accounting, applied tourism and hospitality management, general management, human resources management and leadership; and marketing
Our research specialization:
- Services in advanced manufacturing, product design, prototyping, testing and troubleshooting.
- Babcock Canada Interaction Lab for product exploration, co-creation and ideation.
- Camosun Technology Access Centre (CTAC) for specialized manufacturing, 3D scanning, printing, CNC machining and robotic systems.
- Project partnership opportunities with Camosun’s engineering technology faculty and students.
Camosun College - Lansdowne Campus
3100 Foul Bay Road
Victoria, BC V8P 5J2
Camosun College – Interurban Campus
4461 Interurban Rd
Victoria, BC V9E 2C1
Toll Free: 877-554-7555