Located in beautiful Vancouver, B.C., Langara College is a leading undergraduate institution providing university studies, career studies, and continuing education programs and courses to more than 21,000 students annually. The College is also known as snəw̓eyəɬ leləm̓, house of teachings, a name given to Langara by the Musqueam First Nation, on whose unceded traditional territory we are located.
Langara provides accessible undergraduate education opportunities that meet the needs of its diverse community. Over the years, Langara has developed an extensive array of certificate, diploma, and degree programs that broaden student horizons and train productive and engaged citizens. The institution has distinguished itself numerous times. For instance, in 2013, the Langara School of Nursing was named “School of the Year” at the Canadian Nursing Students’ Association (CNSA). The Langara School of Management has also been ranked in business competitions as one of the top business schools in Canada. Langara College Continuing Studies is recognized by the Learning Resources Network (LERN), an international association of lifelong learning. Continuing Studies allow students to improve business know-how, acquire language skills, enhance a career path, expand individual creativity, or develop a more holistic approach to personal well-being. Online courses, co-operative education, and degree partnerships are also offered. The College gives an opportunity to its students to live unique, real-world experiences that equip them to succeed at work or further post-secondary study.
- We have over 130 credentials to choose from including certificates, diplomas, degrees, and post-degree diplomas.
- 98% of students were satisfied with the quality of instruction at Langara (BC Student Outcomes survey).
- There is a lot of diversity at Langara – there are 80 different countries represented by our student body.
- We attract top-notch faculty. From nursing to journalism, our instructors have won awards and are well-recognized in their respective industries.
- The Langara community has a strong commitment to sustainability. Optimizing energy use is top of mind and our new buildings are LEED® Gold Certified.
Our programs include:
- Business Administration
- Web and Mobile App Design and Development
- Theatre Arts at Studio 58
- Registered Massage Therapy
Our research specialization:
- Nursing and Health Sciences
- Chemistry and Environmental Field Techniques
- Developmental Psychology
- Biomechanics and Exercise Physiology
- Design and Visual Culture
- Learn more about our Applied Research
100 West 49th Avenue