Camosun wins United Way Post-Secondary Challenge for 2017 campaign
Camosun College was honoured to receive a special post-secondary award at the annual United Way Campaign United Way Spirit Awards luncheon at the Empress Hotel, Wednesday, April 11.
Camosun was nominated for three United Way awards: the Outstanding Workplace Campaign Award; the Labour Partnership Award; and the Post-Secondary Challenge Award.
Thanks to our generous college community, Camosun brought home the Post-Secondary Challenge Cup! This is fifth time Camosun has won the Post-Secondary Challenge.
- Camosun 2017 campaign raised: $70,073.10
- Camosun community donations over 24 years: $1.3 million
The college looks forward to keeping the United Way spirit alive throughout 2018 and ramping up once again in the fall for the official 2018 campaign.
Many thanks to the Camosun College United Way Campaign team for 2017:
- Campaign Co-Chairs: Carter MacDonald and Elaine Paterson
- Labour Management Leadership Team: Sonja Kennedy (Exempt), Al Morrison (CCFA), Naji Yazdi (CUPE 2081), Al Paterson (BCGEU 701)
- Camosun College Student Society
- United Way Committee members
...and our whole college community!