Capstone Symposium Showcases Camosun College Tech Talent
Camosun College's Information and Computer Systems Technology students will showcase their Capstone projects to potential employers and the public. Now, at the culmination of their studies, these students possess the ability to design and create exciting and innovative projects. Public and media are welcome to attend.
The events major sponsor Checkfront Inc, will be presenting The Capstone Symposium Award for Innovative Excellence. This is a great event to network with up-and-coming technologists and check out their software development projects. There is no cost for admission and guests are encouraged to pre-register online. Refreshments will be provided.
A special thank you goes to all the project sponsors, event sponsors, and Camosun faculty for their great efforts and generous contributions to make the Symposium a success.
More details and registration are available online at capstone.camosun.ca
Capstone Symposium Projects
- Project ARPDRS (Augmented Reality Product Design Review System) – A system designed to improve the current prototyping process, enabling Camosun Innovates to prototype in the digital domain.
- Project Smart Controller – A temperature control system designed to monitor fermentation temperatures.
- Project DarkBlack – A web application designed to streamline the restaurant management process. It tracks sales, inventory, and expenses to assist with budgeting.
- Project Open Data Cube – A subsystem designed to improve access to remotely sensed raster data over the National Forest Information System using Open Geospatial Consortium APIs.
- Project Barn School – a web portal for The Barn School; an Equine Experiential School founded by Julia Morgan.
- Project CEIR (Civil Engineering Intranet Rebuild) – A modern redesign of the existing Civil Engineering intranet for Camosun College.
- Project Market Day – A web application developed to assist local farmers markets with advertising.
- Project EMA (Employee Morale Application) – An application that tracks the morale of employees using Amazon Web Services IoT buttons.
- Project Spectro – A reliable, transparent, and simplistic radio frequency scanner designed for the average tech-savvy consumer.
- Project SMILE (Simple Motivating Interactive Literacy Education) – A mobile-based application that aims to boost the reading abilities of children with nonverbal autism.
- Project SiteBuilder – A Lite theme for an existing CMS site-building tool that allows customers to choose from six themes designed specifically for tourism and booking websites.