Coast Mountain College Students Set to Learn in New Ways this Fall
Students at Coast Mountain College begin their fall classes on September 8 – but this year most students will be learning via distributed, or online learning. While the majority of CMTN’s students are learning from home this year, some will require practical components for their training and will be coming back to campus.
To ensure that everyone is accessing our campuses safely, CMTN has developed a COVID-19 Safety Framework which outlines what health and safety measures are in place. The framework was developed following the recommendations of the Public Health Officer, the BC Centre for Disease Control, WorksafeBC, and are in alignment with the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training’s Go Forward Guidelines.
Here’s what to expect at our CMTN campuses this fall:
- Limited face-to-face activities: Only approved face-to-face activities will take place on CMTN campuses this academic year.
- Self-assessments: How are you feeling? Only come to campus if you are healthy and not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands. People are encouraged to wash hands with soap and water frequently, particularly before and after entering new spaces.
- Physical distancing. Stay 6 feet - or ONE MOOSE - apart.
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged. CMTN strongly encourages the use of face coverings while on campus. It is recommended that they be worn when indoors, and in any circumstance where safe and consistent physical distancing is not possible.
- No visitors please: Our campuses remain closed to the public and are open only to staff and faculty approved to work on campus, and prospective and registered students.
“We know that the upcoming academic year looks different for most students, but we are excited to show students that learning from home can be an incredibly engaging, experiential and rewarding experience,” says CMTN President and CEO, Justin Kohlman.
“While our interactions may be different, we are confident that the results will be the same. I’m excited to start our fantastic year.”