College of the Rockies Signs New Transfer Agreements in Preparation for Fall Semester

College of the Rockies Signs New Transfer Agreements in Preparation for Fall Semester

submitted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013

College of the Rockies has signed transfer agreements with two BC universities allowing COTR students to transfer into year three of Bachelor Degree programs.

Education Advisor providing advice to student

Photo: Stephanie Barker (l) receives helpful advice from College of the Rockies’ Education Advisor Lil McPhail

Students with an interest in writing will benefit from an agreement with Kwantlen Polytechnic University. Those who complete an Associate of Arts, Journalism/Writing pathway degree at COTR will be eligible for third-year admission to KPU’s Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing provided they have successfully completed all KPU third year admission requirements.

Those with an interest in exercise, sport, health and human movement also benefit.  COTR Kinesiology diploma students now have two options to enter into year three of the Bachelor of Human Kinetics program at University of British Columbia – Okanagan School of Health and Exercise Sciences.

Students who complete the Personal Training and Instruction diploma stream at COTR can apply for third year standing into the Health Promotion stream at UBC-O while COTR Exercise Science diploma stream students can apply for third year standing in UBC-O’s Clinical Exercise Physiology stream.

As students looking to transfer to either KPU or UBC-O must submit applications to those institutions and meet all entrance requirements, it is recommended the process be undertaken with the guidance of a COTR Education Advisor.

COTR’s Certified Dental Assisting program has also been recognized by the Canadian Forces College Opportunities Program (CFCOP) as meeting Canadian Forces occupation training requirements.  CFCOP supports the placement of Canadian Forces personnel in colleges with recognized programs and can provide advanced placement for graduates of the Certified Dental Assistant program in the Canadian Forces.

To date more than 30 post-secondary institutions across Canada and internationally have signed agreements with College of the Rockies to accept COTR graduates into their diploma or degree programs.

For more information on transfer options at College of the Rockies, go to:, call (250) 489-8243 or toll-free: 1-877-489-2687 ext. 3243 or email:

For more information contact:

Donna Kraus-Hagerman

Executive Director, College Relations and Marketing

College of the Rockies

Phone: 250-489-8258


Read More: College of the Rockies Signs New Transfer Agreements in Preparation for Fall Semester