Northern Lights College Committed to Student Health and Wellness
Northern Lights College is committed to supporting the health and well-being of its students while ensuring a healthy and safe learning environment.
The keep.meSAFE Mental Wellness Student Support Program provides all Northern Lights College students access to a large, diverse network of professional counsellors where students' unique circumstances can be matched with a counsellor who understands these experiences, in the preferred language and preferred culture of the student.
While attending college can be an amazing time of new experiences and great opportunity to explore new ideas. Dealing with feelings of Anxiety and Stress being some of the top reasons, students may also seek support for reasons such as:
- Procrastination and building time management skills
- Anxiety about a public speaking assignment
- Nutrition concerns
- Worries about upcoming exams or disappointment with academic performance
- Stress due to financial challenges
- Concern about postgraduation plans
- Loneliness or homesickness
- Difficulty adjusting to life in another country
- Suicidal ideation
- Tensions with family members, friends, or roommate