An Update: How B.C.s’ Public Colleges Are Responding To COVID-19
As providers of post-secondary education and training to thousands of learners throughout the Province, we take seriously our role in reducing the spread of COVID-19, and keeping our students, faculty, staff and communities safe.
Our college presidents and executive teams have been convening daily, with key agencies and decision makers, on a proactive and measured approach for balancing our goals of helping students achieve their learning objectives, while ensuring the safety and health of our learners and all other college team members.
Although each of our ten member colleges throughout the Province have unique needs and circumstances, we are collectively moving instruction online wherever possible, and using alternate delivery methods to ensure that students continue to access the services and supports needed for success.
As vital community hubs throughout the Province, we want you to know that the BC public post- secondary system is open, and will continue to provide quality learning and training opportunities in alternate ways – learners will not be left behind and will continue to be prepared for future opportunities.
British Columbians can count on leveraging the strengths, talents and resilience of the public- post-secondary institutions in their community to support the provincial response to this pandemic.
We remain fully committed to work together, under the latest advice of public health agencies, to continue providing accessible, affordable, and applied education opportunities in our communities. The public post-secondary ecosystem of institutions – our province’s economic and social innovators - is well positioned to help shape and rebuild our collective future.
Please click the links below for the latest updates from each of our colleges.
- Camosun College
- Coast Mountain College
- College of New Caledonia
- College of the Rockies
- Langara College
- North Island College
- Northern Lights College
- Okanagan College
- Selkirk College
- Vancouver Community College
BC Colleges thanks everyone at our colleges and in our communities for your ongoing cooperation, flexibility and understanding.
Key resources regarding COVID-19 are listed below.
- COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information
- For personal health guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer go to: COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- For advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
- Payroll COVID-19 Q&A The Canadian Payroll Association released an Employer Q&A for COVID-19 to help operationalize the Federal Government payroll and employment insurance measures in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Provincial Child Care Supports The BC government announced new Support for Child Care Providers including funding for child care centres continuing to operate with reduced enrolment, as well as closed centres with fixed operating costs such as rent.
- Federal Travel Exemptions The federal government announced additional Exemptions to Travel Restrictions which will apply to foreign nationals who have already committed to working, studying or making Canada their home.
For more information regarding BC Colleges, please contact:
President, BC Colleges